- An official 64-bit port of Slackware
- Linux kernel 22.214.171.124 is the default kernel in Slackware 13.
- KDE 4 (version 4.2.4) is the default desktop. Previous version of Slackware had KDE 3 bundled with it.
- Xfce 4.6.1 desktop.
- X11 based on the X.Org Foundation's modular X Window System.
- Support for fully encrypted network connections with OpenSSL,
OpenSSH, OpenVPN, and GnuPG.
- Latest version of Firefox (3.5.2) web browser
- An extra repository contain complied and ready to run software such as Java 2, Intel video drivers for X, an Mplayer browser plugin and so on.
You can download Slackware 13 from one of its official mirror sites. You may also choose to support the continued development of Slackware Linux by buying a set of CDs or a DVD set from the Slackware store.
I have fond memories of installing and using Slackware on my machine. Slackware is known for its KISS philosophy and adherence to a BSD style file layout for its system initialization files.