- MySQL - The most widely used database online.
- Java - Was released under an Open source license.
- OpenSolaris - The free as in beer and freedom UNIX operating system.
- OpenOffice.org - The robust office suite which is a part and parcel of any Linux distribution.
- VirtualBox - The virtualization software that most open source enthusiasts have grown to love.
- Netbeans - The Java IDE
- Sun xVM Server - The open source virtualization software for data centers.
The following is the official press release from Oracle. And read the press release from Sun Microsystems. The transaction is valued at approximately $7.4 billion.
The following is a nice video showcasing the legacy of Sun Microsystems.