Dr. Bjarne Stroustrup is credited with creating the ever popular C++ programming language. While there are pure object oriented programming languages such as 'smalltalk' for instance, it was C++ which shot the object oriented programming paradigm to popularity.
In this video interview, Dr. Bjarne Stroustrup answers a number of questions such as the following ....
- Do you think you'll ever design a new language from scratch?
- How long after the standard is out do you expect to see a production compiler?
- Is it possible to do garbage collection cleanly and efficiently in C++?
- How soon after you created C++ did you see it start to take over the industry?
- Is there any particular naming convention you subscribe to?
- What's your opinion about the Microsoft implementation of C++?
Very interesting questions indeed... which ask for equally interesting answers from Dr Bjarne Stroustrup. Watch the video.