I have a friend who acts like a Luddite. Now don't get me wrong, he is aware of technology, just that he is not passionate about it and bears with it just to get his job done. In the past, I have tried many times and failed miserably in inciting interest in him for technology. However, despite these contrasts, we are good friends and what makes our friendship gel is his obvious knack of looking at the lighter side of things.
Take the last time he visited me for instance. During the course of our talk, I tried to steer the conversation to Linux and tried to sell him the obvious benefits of using it over its proprietary counterparts. And even though he tried to convey through his gestures and body language that he felt bored, I pushed on. Ultimately, he piped in with the remark as follows:
Ravi, you seem to like Linux so much. But did you know that there is relationship between Sex and Linux ? Having successfully caught my attention, he went on to state six relations between sex and Linux which I am recounting below. In fact, we had a very good laugh over this.
Six Relations between Sex and Linux
- Sex is like candy. The more you have it, the more you like it. Linux is also like candy. The more you use it, the more you fall in love with it.
- The first time you have sex, your spouse complains because you are persistent. Same way, when you start using Linux, your spouse again complains because now you are negligent (to her).
- It is prudent to practice safe sex the same way as it is safer to use a robust firewall in Linux.
- Sex is pervasively practiced the world over. Linux is slowly getting there bit by bit.
- It is alright to have sex any number of times as long as it is with your life partner. Similarly, you can install Linux any number of times as long as it is on your machine and not your colleague's. And finally ...
- Using sex and Linux together in a sentence is nice because they rhyme.